In PixelJunk Raiders, players take on the role of an ambitious young mercenary sent down to the surface of Planet Tantal to rescue the indigenous Tantallian race from a mysterious Anomaly and the invading alien forces emerging from it. The arrival of the Anomaly has interfered with conventional travel, our brave but inexperienced mercenary must make use of the SYRIX 1200 avatar system to rescue the inhabitants and investigate the reasons for the Anomaly’s sudden appearance. With limited aid and armaments, the mercenary must scavenge what weapons and resources they can in order to survive.
Procedurally generated landscapes filled with unique settlements, towns, underground cantinas, canyons, and monolithic temples mean that each new play session is unique. Explore a new part of Tantal every time you play!
The SYRIX 1200 comes complete with a Coordinate Entry system. Simple keywords or mnemonics, gained through your adventures can be used in easy to remember combinations and allow you and your friends to transmit your Avatars to countless locations on the surface of Tantal.
PixelJunk Raiders Gameplay Features:
- Breathtaking alien structures reach high into the sky in fantastical architecture and subterranean settlements wind deep into the earth! The world evolves and changes as you play and explore!
- Unique asynchronous multiplayer gameplay using State Share.
- A whole host of menacing invaders to battle, keeping players on their toes.
- Hostile invaders aren’t the only foe on Tantal, brave the harsh environment and the alien wildlife that inhabits it!
- Hard work pays off, use your rewards to unlock new weapons and skins, discover new gadgets, and fully customize your character!
- Upgrade and enhance the SYRIX 1200 avatar system with alien DNA, pushing past legal boundaries with black market mods!
- Leave your mark on Tantal by sharing game states with State Share including your placed turrets, traps and gadgets to impact other players’ worlds.
- Utilize the Coordinate Entry system to jump into hundreds of thousands of unique locations.
- Immerse yourself in a richly detailed world inspired by Jean Giraud’s Moebius and 1970s British sci-fi comics.