Embark on an extraordinary journey through the desolated kingdom of Penumbra and discover the hidden secrets of this long-forgotten land. Explore mystical temples, encounter survivors and take on strange quests to collect valuable items. Along your adventure, slash your way through daunting adversaries, roam across mysterious and abandoned regions, leap through deadly traps and ultimately master the art of movement.
- Hardcore Platforming - Leap through deadly traps and master movement to navigate gradually demanding platforming challenges.
- Lost in the Void - Far from Penumbra, there is a lost land called The Void. Find Void entrances throughout the world to uncover abstract platforming challenges that require great mastery to gather the valuable rewards hidden inside.
- Slash Your Way Through Great Adversaries - Encounter dangerous enemies with distinct fighting styles and partake in intense combat-platforming boss fights.
- A Haunting World - Travel through the perished world of Penumbra to explore unique areas filled with diverse enemies, sharp 3D platforming challenges, quests, collectibles and more.
- Encounter Peculiar Survivors - A long time has passed since Penumbra fell into darkness, but those that survived the kingdom’s fall will aid your journey to unlock valuable rewards.
- Collectibles - Once a rich and lush kingdom, Penumbra is filled with many collectibles and items to discover, loot, collect, sell, trade, and purchase.
- Upgrades - No great warrior can battle the dangers lurking in Penumbra without the proper equipment. Upgrade your swords, collect valuable amulets, and unlock new abilities to transform into a fierce fighter.
Stadia GamesDB! (stdb): Can you tell us a little about Robi Studios?
Gabriel Rosa - Robi Studios Game Director (gr): Of course! Robi Studios is a small indie studio based in Cordoba, Argentina. The team started off in 2018 as me and my brother working from home, dreaming about making our own game. As soon as we could, we moved into an office and decided to bet on Blue Fire. The team slowly grew to become what is now an awesome group of 8 people dedicated to making fun experiences :)
stdb: For the people purchasing Blue Fire on Stadia. What are going to find when they fire up the game?
gb: Blue Fire is a 3d action-adventure platformer, set in a dark fantasy land called Penumbra. The game combines challenging platforming with an immersive and adventure-like world, and I think that mix is what makes it different from other experiences. It has the speed, moves, upgrades and difficulty that you might expect from a fast paced intense 2D metroidvania game, but set in a dark 3d land filled with stories to discover.
stdb!: Are we gonna find some exclusive Stadia feature in the game?
gr: At the moment we’re full at work on porting to Stadia, Playstation and Xbox, and also working on something else I can’t announce yet haha. We have a lot on our plate right now and are learning so much from launching our first game :) Stadia has a ton of cool features and we’d love to work on those, but we’ll probably wait a while before really looking into them.
stdb!: How is bringing a game to the cloud, and in particular to Stadia, compared with other platforms, and specially from Argentina a country where Stadia has not launched yet?
gr: Well luckily it’s not really different. The Stadia port was super straightforward and easy to start working on, as we didn’t even need to wait for dev kits! As a matter of fact, I think we had a solid build on stadia running in less than a week onces we had access to all the tools and content we needed :).
You can follow Robi Studios on Twitter